The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The WFP Technology Division (TEC) seeks to digitally enable the organization to deliver this mandate in an effective and efficient manner, with sufficient agility required for humanitarian operations. Digital technology and data are rapidly reaching some of the most vulnerable people and places affected by crisis, while also expanding operational approach to those same crises. As one of the main humanitarian actors, WFP has the opportunity and obligation to leverage data and technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming the way it works. Such ambition has led to developing a new WFP IT Strategy whose core elements inform the end-to-end business processes of the organization.
The Independent Oversight Advisory Committee (IOAC), previously called the Audit Committee, serves in an expert advisory capacity and provides independent, expert advice to the Executive Board and the Executive Director in fulfilling their governance responsibilities, including ensuring the effectiveness of WFP’s internal control systems, risk management, audit and oversight functions, and governance processes. The IOAC aims to add value by strengthening accountability and governance within WFP.
Descrizione della posizione lavorativa
The specific responsibilities of the IOAC include advising the Executive Board and the Executive Director on the following:
- Internal oversight/internal audit/investigation function: provide advice on the independence and mandate of the Office of the Inspector General, review its budget and staffing requirements; review its overall performance and issue related recommendations, provide advice on the selection and performance of the Inspector General and Director, Oversight Office and on the annual plan for oversight activities;
- Risk Management and Internal Controls: the effectiveness of WFP's internal control systems, including risk management and internal governance practices;
- Financial Statements: issues arising from the audited financial statements of WFP, and reports to WFP management and the Executive Board produced by the External Auditor;
- Accounting: the appropriateness of accounting policies, standards and disclosure practices and any changes and risks in those policies;
- External Audit: The External Auditor's work plan and reports, including any comments for consideration by the External Auditor in the independent determination of their work plan and issued reports; the IOAC may provide, upon request of the Executive Board, advice on the selection of the External Auditor, including the costs and scope of the services to be provided, and to the Executive Board regarding the fees charged by the External Auditor and on extensions of the audit work or additional work required of the External Auditor;
- Values and Ethics: the systems established by WFP to maintain and promote international civil service values, and to ensure compliance with applicable norms and policies, and high standards of integrity and ethical conduct, to prevent conflicts of interest and misconduct;
- Allegations of Inappropriate Activity: the process for handling and investigating significant allegations;
- Evaluation: evaluation policy; evaluation strategy and charter; annual work plan and budget; quality assurance systems for the evaluation function; and external assessments. Review the effectiveness of the evaluation function and provide a forum to discuss matters raised in WFP evaluations;
- Management response and follow up: provide advice on the adequacy of management response and follow-up to audit, ethics, ombudsman and evaluation recommendations.
Qualifications and Key Requirements:
Descrizione del profilo ricercato
- Advanced university degree Finance, Accounting, Business , Economics, Law and related Social Sciences or a first degree with additional professional experience;
- Fluency (level C) in the English language;
- Demonstrated knowledge of large, international, and complex organizations;
- Understanding of general legal concepts;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver recommendations across different levels of a multicultural Organization.
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible Senior Management experience in Finance, Audit, and/or Evaluations;
Descrizione dell'esperienza richiesta
- Proven experience in organisational governance and accountability structures, including risk management;
- Ideally, professional experience in project preparation, appraisal, management, administration, and evaluation.
- A track record of providing expertise in an advisory capacity to Executive level stakeholders;
- Previous Audit Committee (or similar) experience preferred.
Termine per la candidatura
Sito web dell'Azienda/Istituzione/Organizzazione
Per maggiori informazioni sulle modalità di accesso alla procedura selettiva clicca sul tasto Candidati.