Galleria Raffaella Cortese is one of Italy’s leading contemporary art galleries. Founded in 1995, the gallery first opened in the apartment Raffaella lived in as a student, followed by a second exhibition space in the same building. Based in Milan’s Città Studi district since its inception, the gallery relocated to its current headquarters in Via A. Stradella, 7 in 2003; more recently Galleria Raffaella Cortese has expanded to acquire two storefront exhibition venues on the same street.
Unfolding across the three spaces and allowing artists to present their works in different contexts, as well as presenting multiple shows at the same time, the gallery’s exhibition program aims to establish and nurture dialogue between the practices of artists across different generations and origins. This approach also informs Galleria Raffaella Cortese’s rigorous exhibition program and its consistent participation in select art fairs across Europe and the United States with specifically curated projects, supporting a consistently growing, passioned and conscious collectors’ base with a firm sense of responsibility. From 2001 until 2005 Raffaella Cortese acted as vice-president of Angamc and since 2019 she is a member of Artissima’s selection committee.
Galleria Raffaella Cortese is seeking a highly motivated Senior Artist Liaison with proven sales expertise to begin immediately in a full-time capacity, on-site at the gallery in Milan.
Descrizione della posizione lavorativa
- Liaising with select artists on the gallery roster in preparation for gallery exhibitions and shows at institutions as well as art fair presentations, special projects, commissions, performances, and other events, fostering a personal relationship with the artists and their studios;
- Maintaining a constantly updated archive of the artists’ available works and ongoing projects, coordinating with the Graphic Design & Communications team to convey them on the gallery’s communications, as well as preparing artwork presentations, exhibition dossiers, and artist portfolios;
- Cultivating relationships and communicating with collectors, curators, museums, institutions, and other galleries, identifying paths to facilitate acquisitions and exhibitions.
The ideal candidate is articulate and confident in liaising with collectors, curators, museums, institutions, press outlets and journalists, conveying and advancing the work of gallery artists.
Descrizione del profilo ricercato
- Proficiency in macOS and Microsoft Office suite required;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Italian required;
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary artists, galleries, museums, institutions, and publications.
This position requires:
Descrizione dell'esperienza richiesta
- Prior experience using FileMaker or other artwork and contact databases;
- At least 5-7 years of experience working in the contemporary art field—preferably in a commercial art gallery—in roles related to artist management and sales.